With the development of modern science and technology, the variety of ferroalloys is constantly expanding. There are many types of ferroalloys, and there are many classification methods. Generally, they are classified according to the following methods.
(1) Single iron alloy. An alloy containing only one alloying element is called a single ferroalloy. Its main varieties include ferrosilicon, ferromanganese, ferrochrome, ferromolybdenum, ferro-titanium, ferrotungsten, industrial silicon, ferroboron, ferrovanadium, and metallic manganese.
(2) Composite iron alloy. Containing two or more alloying elements is called multi-element iron alloy, the main varieties are silicon calcium alloy, manganese silicon alloy, silicon chromium alloy, silicon calcium aluminum alloy, manganese silicon aluminum alloy, silicon calcium barium alloy, silicon aluminum barium alloy, etc. .
(3) Classified according to the carbon content in the ferroalloy. There are high-carbon, medium-carbon, low-carbon, micro-carbon, ultra-micro-carbon and other varieties.
(4) Classified by production method. There are blast furnace ferroalloys, electric furnace ferroalloys, out-of-furnace (metal thermal) ferroalloys, vacuum solid-state reduction ferroalloys, converter ferroalloys, electrolytic ferroalloys, etc.
(5) Nitrided products. Nitriding products produced by ferromanganese or ferrochromium powder by nitriding and other methods under high temperature conditions. Its main varieties are nitrided ferromanganese, nitrided ferrochrome and so on.
(6) Oxide agglomerates. The oxide agglomerates that are easily reduced by iron can also be directly added to the molten steel as an alloying agent. For example, molybdenum oxide agglomerates.